AIRBUS A320 CAPTAIN Head of Flight Operations Morocco
Approved by the Morocco Civil Aviation Authority as the “Nominated Post Holder” for the “Head of Flight Operations” position. Manages the “Flight Operations” standards requirements to ensure safe, reliable and efficient handling of Air Arabia flights in compliance with CAA/ICAO/AOC regulations and Company’s global objectives. Also, to ensure optimal utilization of resources and financial control through managing manpower, budget, systems, and contractual agreements with focus on ”Legality”, “Safety and Security”, “On Time Performance – OTP”, and “Human Factors”.
Key Result Responsibilities
1. Supports the Accountable Manager to establish strategic and budgetary plans for respective areas; works alongside each of his/her teams to monitor operations and ensure optimum utilization of resources, enhanced performance,and successful delivery.
2. Initiates, approves and monitors cost effective annual budget required to achieve operational targets, without jeopardizing safety; liaises with CEO for budget approval and expenditure.
3. Leads the functional teams form both technical and administrative perspectives; this includes flight Deck,Dispatch, Crew Scheduling, and Document Control ensuring legality and smooth functioning of the entire department in compliance with AOC conditions and restrictions.
4. Acts as the ultimate accountable to ensure available resources such as manpower, systems,tools, and procedures related to his/her area are properly managed and utilized to achieve optimal error-free productivity and meet current and future Company’s needs. Continuously evaluates available systems and software applications and recommends solutions to increase efficiency.
5. Sets, implements, enforces, and reviews the function related policies and procedures in compliance with Civil Aviation regulations, and Air Arabia established standards.
6. Publishes, revises and updates the “Operations Manual Part A” and other operational documentation with all IATA, and ICAO regulations, obtains CAA’s approval, deemed necessary to enhance safety and improve the operations.
7. Approves the design and monitors the implementation and development of the process flow and matrix of authority within the respective functions and in relation to other departments to ensure smooth and on time performance (OTP).
8. Ensures implementation of an effective quality system and the Standard Operating Practices to comply with relevant legislations and regulations, especially those which are related to the AOC.
9. Cooperates with Quality Assurance/ Safety/Security Departments to ensure adherence of own teams and staff to corresponding standards and set measures; supports in investigations and statutory audit checks ensuring timely response to statuary requirements and findings.
10.Partners with Safety team to promote safety culture in the Flight Operations departments and to improve the emergency procedures and Safety Management System; ensures all hazards are reported and risk assessments are properly carried.
11. Liaises with regulatory bodies and authorities, mainly CAA, Suppliers, and Vendors to achieve Company’s global objectives; negotiates contracts, SLAs, and development needs, as per business plans, and protects Company’s interests at all times.
12. Leads and reviews the performance and progress of the Flight Operations Managers and Teams in line with approved quality standards. Sets KPIs, performance measures, and budget targets in line with legislations and wished-for objectives, and measures performance accordingly.
13. Partners with the Crew- Training Manager to decide on the training needs and requirements for the Flight Crew and to ensure that an effective process is put in place to cater for those needs with focus on improving Pilots’ standards of performance through proper and continued training.
14. Spends time coaching and guiding his/her team, identifies opportunities and plans for their development and approves those of their teams. Ensures necessary technical training is included in the training syllabus and provided to the respective teams; this covers licenses and mandatory trainings.
15. Leads functional weekly meetings to provide team with visibility of the future workload requirements for dispatch, rostering, and training scheduling; ensures regular coordination with Stakeholders in order to execute the agreed plans efficiently.
16. Analyzes and evaluates the management reports received from own team to control costs, enhance revenue, highlight variances and identify gaps in performance. Also, provides the management with a variety of reports to highlight performance, disruptions, safety and security incidents/accidents, AOGs, delays, trainings, challenges, gaps, audit findings, etc.; recommends remedial solutions and implements in the workplace once approved.
17. Conducts field visits and assessments to evaluate the overall performance of hubs/stations with focus on legality, safety, efficiency and fairness. Operates flights as per schedule and business requirements
18. Advises the Accountable Manager on Matters related to the Flight Operations and represents Air Arabia’s interest at national and international events, conventions, conferences and meetings whenever required
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Valid Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) and Type Rating on A320 with minimum 2000 hours command experince on A320 family fleet is a must for this role.
- Bachelor degree in Aeronautics/Management or equivalent from a recognized university is an advantage.
- Training in safety and emergency response is essential – a formal qualification is an advantage.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations related training is a must.
- Training in IATA principles & standards relating to security and human factors, are highly desirable.
- Professional membership of associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry is a plus.
- Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is a must.
- Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value.
- Proficient in Aircraft Systems, Microsoft Office, Internet, and Web Search.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills, technical reports and presentations.
- Fluent in English; Arabic and French languages are advantages.
- 10+ years of experience in Airlines industry, 8 years of which in the Flight Operations;
- He/she must have completed 5 years at least leading the Flight Operations or Operations Training & Standards in multinational mid-sized airline,experience with low cost airline is an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge in IATA/CAA/Airbus and Regulatory Bodies’ rules and regulations pertaining to Flight Operations working procedures and operating standards.
- Experienced in designing and implementing policies, procedures, manuals in line with standards and regulations.
- High capabilities in developing and evaluating business processes and work flow to ensure smooth operations.
- Hands on forecasting, budgeting, and monitoring performance KPIs of business initiatives in aviation.
How to Apply
493 total views, 1 today